Tim Ferriss’s podcast isn’t exactly about leadership, but it is about delivering the best performance that you can through learning and developing yourself and others. So it has a lot in common with leadership. What the Tim Ferriss Show won’t give you is a set of podcasts you can use as the basis of a platoon or section leadership development programme. What it will give you is a personal insight into some of the world’s top performers and help you learn from them. Many of their lessons will help create those little sparks of thinking that will improve your leadership.
Most of them are long – about an hour – so they’re perfect for a long journey. In particular, I’d recommend the following episodes, although since this list was written you’ll find a whole lot more.
- Jocko Willink on Discipline, Leadership, and Overcoming Doubt
- The 10 Commandments of Startup Success
- Accelerated Learning and Mentors – My Personal Story
- General Stan McChrystal on Eating One Meal Per Day, Special Ops, and Mental Toughness
- How to Not Be Evil – Dr. Phil Zimbardo
- Dr. Stewart Friedman on “Time Bind” vs. Psychological Interference and More
- The Scariest Navy SEAL Imaginable…And What He Taught Me
- Triple H on Pre-Fight Rituals, Injury Avoidance, and Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- How to Overcome Fear – Lessons from Firefighter and Luger, Caroline Paul
- Becoming the Best Version of You
It’s frequently the #1 business podcast on all of iTunes, it’s been ranked #1 out of 300,000+ podcasts on many occasions and has been selected as “Best of” iTunes for three years running.